July 2012 Fund EcoMarket database changes
I have just completed a further update for Fund EcoMaket adviser SRI database.
These updates are based on the changes that have come through in this months Capita/Synaptics Research feed…. which I use as my main information source.
A range of changes have been put through in this quarter’s update including the following:
- Enter – the IFDS IM Truestone Global Impact fund (launched in 2011). It is great to see this fund making an appearance on the Capita/FinEx list and a welcome addition as the first ‘Impact Investment’ fund to do so. This necessitated the creation of a new ‘Style’ on my database which I have currently labeled as ‘Specialist’ to avoid confusion with other funds – as this fund explicitly seeks both ‘social and investment’ returns in a way that other SRI options generally do not. The fund is listed as a UT/OEIC fund.
- Enter – two new Sterling Kames links
- Enter – Aviva platform has added CIS Select Portfolio options
- Enter – AXA Wealth has added AXA IM Ethical Distribution and FL Ethical Distribution options
- Enter – L&G PMC ethical options bringing their SRI pension options total to 10 (plus 6 life options)
- Exit – Pru’s in house funds, enter – additional Pru fund external links – a strategy which probably makes a great deal of sense given market conditions and history
- Rebrand – the Winterthur funds have been rebranded as Friends Life – which adds welcome variety the their already extensive SRI pension platform. This brings their SRI pensions total (excluding Engagement (REO) options) to a highly commendable 21 funds – a great complement to the 22 SRI options now on their life platform (again, excluding REO options)
- Reclassification for Zurich UK Opportunities fund (formerly Environmental Opportunities) – these funds remain flagged as ‘Ethical’ on FinEx/Capita systems although they have dropped the ‘Environmental label. Having done a quick search on line I have attached link to fund pdf to their entry on the database so advisers can make their own minds up – but have decided to register them on my tool as ‘other/unclassified’ pending further clarification (again, a new classification – created as a result of this change).
To check out the database see: http://www.fundecomarket.co.uk/fund-ecomarket-tool
Please note – all classifications are based on my understanding of published materials, please see fund details for further information. … or email me on Julia@sriServices.co.uk to discuss!